Friday, March 7, 2008

sickness and Dr's apt's

So Gage got a fever last Sat and his cheeks looked like he had been outside inthe blistering cold wind for hours, but he had not stepped outside in at least 2 days. So I gave him tylenol and checked WebMD about the rash, upon closer inspection he also had the rash on his belly, chest, and back. WebMD says 5th disease, and to treat the fever but the rash is viral and nothing you can really do for it. Before rash starts you are contagious but after rash appears your not and you can even go to school. But the fever lasted and lasted, even with alternating motrin and tylenol every 4 hours!! I finally brokedown Thurs and called the Ped. they had me bring him in to make sure it was 5th disease and not something else.

Even though he never once complained of a sore throat it appears he has strep throat which has turned to scarlet fever!! Sissy has it too! And Dylan got off the bus complaining of a sore throat!! Yes, all three of my kids have strep, what are the chances of me and Mark not getting it? Probably not too good!!

I had my baseline U/S this morning and of course I am spotting, ugh!! I sure do hate BCP's I always have breakthrough bleeding and its sucks to have to go in and have something done while your having spotting. Anyways, got that done so I can start to get LUPY on Sun. Its a med called Lupron and many people get airheaded and moody, etc. so the surrogates fondly refer to it as getting lupy on lupron. I have no personal experience with it but have heard all the horror stories of it. Its just a little insulin type subQ needle, meaning it goes in the fat of my belly, and there is plenty of fat on my belly so it should be ok. I am not worried about this shot once a day at all. I have started warning my family and friends that anything I do or say in the next 3 weeks is out of my control and to not take any of it personally. LOL

As I sit here typing, Mark is behind me calling me a computer DORK!!! He doesn't get hte whole idea of reading let alone writing for the pure joy of doing so. Come to think of it I do not even know if my husband knows how to read!! LOL He has never picked up a book in the 8 years I have known him, he doesn't even read directions when need be, he prefers to "wing it" LOL Well, I am pretty sure he can read, he just refusses to. So who is the true dork here, lol

It has begun to snow pretty hard, good thing my running around was all done early this morning. I hear we are supposed to get 8-9 inches between now and Sun morning! And the kids are sick, so they will be asking, no probably begging to go outside and sled ride, but I will have to be the meany and say no!! sometimes, I hate being the mom!!!

No comments: