Thursday, March 6, 2008

Journey #2 background

Since nothing major is going on today, I thought it time to tell you a little about my current surrogacy journey since that will likely be what most of the entries for the next, oh, say year of my life will be about.

At one point during my first surrogay, I said out loud even, that I would not be doing another surrogacy unless it was for a family member that needed my help! Of course that was during the puking every 1/2 hour phase of it all. and once that was done and I was feeling better and the babies were kicking and all the fun stuff, I took that statement back.

I delivered the twins May 31, 2007 and started looking at adds on SMO like a week later, lol Seeing the expression on my IF's face was what truely sealed it for me. He was to thankful of me for giving him his children, I just had to share that with someone again. I, of course waited for my 6 week post pardem check up to ask my OB when she would release me to get knocked up again, fully expecting her to say wait a year, you have had 4 preveous c-sections. I went in there and didn't even have to ask, she says to me, so are you going to do this again? and when I said yes, she says well just wait at least 6 month pp!! I almost hugged her, I was so excited that I wouldn't have to wait a whole long year!!

I sat down the next day, yes I waited a whole day, and typed up an add to place on SMO, fully intending to go at this independantly since I already knew what I was getting in to and I did have a few problems with getting my comp checks out of the last agency I went through so I did not want to do that again. Well, the email replys started rolling in! I let everyone know that I couldn't get started til Nov. That didn't seem to be a problem for most! But after reading and even emailing back and forth with a few couples I was finding it a bit daunting. I started to worry about scammers and such. When I got a response from a lady on SMO who co-owns an agency. She saw I was looking and knew I had delivered twins fullterm and had a couple looking for someone who had done just that. So< she asked if I minded looking at their profile. I jumped on it, since Dana had screened the couple already so I wasn't having to trust my gut as much! They could not start til Jan due to sperm quaratine of 6 months, but that was ok by me if it was a good match, it just gave my poor uterus more time to fully heal.

I read the profile and immediately told Dana that I would love to talk to them. They had been through a lot trying to conceive. % IVF cycles for themselves with no pregnancy, finally got pregnant via IVF only to miscarry and then a twin pregnancy. After finally getting pregnant with the twins, everything that could possilby go wrong did go wrong. The IM went in for her level II U/S at 18 weeks and discovered she was fully dialated!!! They put in an emergency cerclage and was on strict hospital bedrest til her water broke at 24 weeks and the babies had to be delivered. ONe of the girls died after 9 days and the other spent 6 months in the hospital, had 3 surgeries and was very sick for a long time. I am happy to tell you that she just celebrated her 2nd birthday!!!
Photobucket
Merediths 2nd b-day
Meredith is the smaller one!!

Upon speaking to Sam (the IM) I knew that I had to help make Meredith a big siser. I wanted to say to her on the phone that first time, please let me help you!! But I kept my cool and waited to talk to Dana the next day, and they actually wanted to ask me on the phone that day if I would help them but they too waited. lol yay!!!
Sam and I are alot alike, although she is very out going and bubbly, where I am on the shyer side. We both like to scrapbook and be crafty though. lol We started emailing back and fourth and she decided she wanted to drive up here and visit in person. So, she did, we went to a scrapbook store in New castle and had lunch at Applebees and I took her over to see where the hospital and my OB's office were at. We had a great visit and I just knew that I had made the right decision in working with her.

I called around and found a local clinic to have my testing done at and got started on that. Sent all my records to their clinic in VA. Mark had his blood tests all done. Then we drove to VA to have a session with the psychologist that they had been seeing through their infertility and the loss of their daughter. Mark and I both went and had a lovely time meeting with both Sam and Griff. I was under the false presumption that Griff would be the opposite of his wife, but I was pleasantly surprised. We liked them very much!! They put us up in a very nice hotel and we had breakfast there in their cafe. and after the appointment we went over to see where the clinic was and then we drove to aunt Juju's house to stay the night and visit. So, it was a great little vacation, lol
Griff, Sam and Meredith
Photobucket
Well, I had to do a mock cycle this time around which means i had to take the meds that I will take for the transfer for 2 weeks and have 2 u/s to check how things where going. So Dec. rolls around and we are ready to do the mock, and my period shows up, I call the clinic to start the meds and they figureout that I would have needed one of the u/s on christmas day and you have to have it done at a certain time, so we scrapped it for that month and waited til my cycle in Jan, well it was a week late, so I call and get put on provera which will help it along, so took that for 10 days before the witch decided to show up, putting us even more off schedule. Did the mock cycle, everything went well, waited for the call from the clinic that we could get started on the real deal.

So, that pretty much brings us to the now. I have a baseline u/s tomorrow morning and will start the first of my meds on Sun 3/9. We will transfer around April 6th. 4 months later than we could have, and a whole 10 months from my last surrogacy delivery. All things happen for a reason, my uterus has had extra time to heal and be ready to carry again, Sam and I have had more time to get to know one another. Its all good, it just seems like it took forever to get here, but it is upon us now, lol

No comments: