Monday, March 3, 2008

Personal background

This is the first time I am attempting to keep a journal. I have never been good at keeping up with diarys or anything like that but I will make an effort, lol
My name is Kari, I am 32 years old. April 19, 2003 I married my soul mate, Mark! Next month will be our 5th anniversary, already!! WOW, time flies!! I am the mama of 3 great kids. Dylan is from a previous (if you can call it that even) relationship. He just turned 9 years old, and that makes me OLD!! He is very smart, sometimes too smart and in the 3rd grade. He battles ADHD but he is doing much better with some med adjustments. He is a great kid, he just has a hard time listening sometimes. He has a big heart! Dylan 2/08Mark and I have a son together, Gage is 5 1/2 now, he is definately a mama's boy! He goes to kindergarten 1/2 days and loves school. He took after his mother and is a thumb sucker but he also took after his father and is a blanky boy so he has the best of both of us, lol He is very sensitive sometimes, but he can hold his own against his brother for the most part.Gage 2/08 And then there is Sissy (Mackenzie) she is 3 3/4, I used to consider her a daddies girl but recently she has changed to a mama's girl, haha daddy, I got her back! She is the toughest of them all. I thought I was getting a sweet little princess but instead I got a rough and tough tomboy! Which is perfectly alright by me, but she is the most rambunctious of them all. Also the most strong willed, ok she is down right BAD most of the time. LOL But I love her to death and just take her attitude with a grain of salt. Oh and she is a thumb sucker as well as having a hunny bunny that she drags everywhere.Mackenzie 2/08Notice bunny in the picture, lol
The crew 2/08
So, thats my family, now a little about me personally. I like to crochet, cross stitch, read, scrapbook, gardening and making homemade cards, along with some other crafty things. Of course when I say crafty I mean if it is shown to me or in a book or magazine I can follow along and the results are normally pretty good, but I can' not for the life of me come up with ideas on my own. So I rely on my SIL Leslie and a mutual friend Jen Kohn, aka stampin Jen or just the Kohnster, for insiration, lol I love being pregnant but we are done with our own family, 3 is quite enough for us, thank you very much!! So I have taken up having babies for others, I am a Gestational surrogate, aka Just the stork, or as some put it the incubator. This story I will make its own entry!I love spring and summer and fall is ok, but its just a reminder that the dreaded OHIO winter is quickly approaching. I try to be as optimistic as I can be but there is an inner pessimist lurking around every corner, lol Things are pretty good for us, we have been through some struggles and we continue to struggle everyday but we have eachother and we have love so thats all we need to get by.
We just got our first home. We moved in June 1, 2007 We have recently started with updates and such to it. We have lots of plans for this year with remodling and stuff. I am sure I will have lots to write about all that. Two weeks ago with retextured and added color to our livingroom.
Ok gonna end this now, can't tell you everything in one entry, then there would be nothing to talk about in the future, lol

No comments: