Sunday, March 16, 2008

21 days to go...

I haven't really had anything of importance or even any relevance to talk about lately. We had three days of decently warmish weather in the 50's, of course it rained nonstop the entire time., go figure! Today it is back to being cold and we are supposed to get some snow tonight, yet again. Really, am I asking so much, to just be able to turn off the heat and watch my flowers bloom, I think it is about time!!

Dylan had his first cub scout camp out this weekend, thank goodness it was in a cabin with a fireplace for last nights temperature drop. He had a good time though. It was his trial run for the week long summer camp that will cost us a hand and elbow for him to attend. If he didn't behave himself this time we would not be forking out the small fortune for the summer camp. It seems that we will indeed be forking out the dough!! Which is a good thing, I guess, lol

I turned in my application to be an assistant den leader for next year, yay me!! That means that next year I will be camping alongside the boys, at least I will know how they are behaving firsthand. The boys have been working on their whittling chip, which means that they will be able to carry a pocket knife. The first meeting they went over all the rules for safety and what not, the second meeting they got to carve a bar of soap with a paring knife. It was fun to watch, Dylan was so engrossed in it that he was even ignoring his friends that were trying to talk during it. Out of all the boys, which is about 12 or 13, we only had to breakout 2 band aids, and neither of them went on my son, yay!! Next time they will be carving an actual piece of wood, God help us!!

Well, on the surrogacy side of things, I had an U/S Friday and am supposed to start my next meds today. Last Sun I received a phone call telling me I had the green light to start the last meds, I was thinking that I would get a phone call today as well but alas it is 2pm and no one has called, so I hope that I am doing the right thing by starting the estrace pills, aspirin, and lowering the lupron tonight. We are 21 days from transfer. It almost doesn't seem possible.

I will also be enjoying some pineapple! For those of you that dont hang out in the surrogacy world, there is a chemical in pineapple that is rumored to help build your uterine lining. All the surros on SMO talk about it and eat/drink lots of it prior to transfer. I wasn't aware of it last journey so didn't do it, and we were successful the first try but what can it hurt right! I love pineapple anyways, so any excuse to eat it is alright by me. And it doesn't hurt that Giant eagle had it on sale last week, lol So I will eat 1/2 a can of pineapple chunks every night til transfer, lol Mark thinks I am insane and you know he very well might be right, but oh well. I will be the insane pineapple eating fool for the next 21 days.

I am also trying to figure out my transfer outfit. The color green is the color of fertility, so I need to wear green for luck!! I did wear green last transfer just not the pineapple. Of course during the actual transfer you dont have much clothing on, socks for sure, and last time I was able to keep my shirt on! So I guess I will look for green socks and a green shirt! I am not usually superstitious, and its not that I really believe that eating pineapple while wearing green is going to make or break our transfer odds but it also can not hurt, can it?

No comments: